Please note that the first item to install is the crash bars and the second is the engine guards. Some installation steps of the crash bars and engine guards merge.
One of the biggest advantages of our crash bars system is the all around 27mm diameter tubing that rests on 5mm thick steel mounting tabs and offers reliable protection for fairing, radiator, engine case and other parts of the engine.
- Quality 27mm/1.06″ steel tube with 2mm wall thickness – any low quality steel tubing BELOW THESE SPECS will be crushed when your 450lbs+ bike crashes into the ground. Our guards are designed to take the beat!
- One of the biggest advantages of our crash bars system is the all around 27mm diameter tubing that rests on 4 and 5mm thick steel mounting tabs and offers reliable protection for fairing, radiator.
- Hand MIG welded – It’s all about the strength! We continue to follow our philosophy: toughness and functionality over appearance.
- Less is often more. The design is based on the philosophy that less is often more, hence we created a compact, sturdy set of crash bars that do not reach far away from its mounting points. This system perfectly complements the sporty, aggressive lines of the CRF1000L Africa Twin.
- Powder coated – combined with sandblasting it’s a killer combination to protect your product’s surface. No frills and tough just like your ADV/Dual Sport bike!
Crash bars: 2016-2019 standard and 2018-2019 Adventure Sports models. One crash bars for all models.
One of the first things that gets exposed to potential damage in the event of a crash is your Honda CRF1000L’s engine (case). Right off the bat, you can see that it’s more than just an engine guard.
- Engine Case Protection – entirely frame mounted, thus the fragile engine is not exposed to forces transferred to it due to crash impact
- Crash Bars Reinforcement – the engine guard is tied into the crash bars through a reinforcement bar.
- 27mm diameter tubing – handles the weight of the bike under impact (crash).
- Sandblasted and powder coated surface – simple and tough coating that lasts.
Engine Case Guard: 2016-2019 standard and 2018-2019 Adventure Sports. One engine guards for all models. Only specify transmission type (DCT or Manual) on webpage. NOT compatible with DCT foot shifter pedal.
Compatible with both Standard and Adventure Sports original skid plates ONLY after performing the following minor modifications.
Please note: We do not guarantee compatibility with any aftermarket exhaust header/manifold due to the different shapes and designs carried out by dozens of exhaust manufacturer companies. At the moment, we only guarantee fitment with original Honda CRF1000L standard and Adventure Sports exhaust header/manifold. Thank you for your understanding.